Recently renovated with wood floors, brand new appliances and luxury designer furnitures, the apartment has a very comfortable and relaxed feel, balancing modern with antique.
There are wood floors throughout, and South facing windows provide amazing views, allowing in plenty of sun and light throughout the day.
The kitchen is brand new, and the dining area has a beautiful design table which seats six. There are two double bedrooms with very comfortable king size beds, one with an in-room bath tub. The two bathrooms have also been newly renovated and have both a very nice and large shower.
There is a brand new split air conditioning system in each room, as well as stable, high speed WiFi throughout the apartment, ideal for working, surfing, watching Netflix in the 60 inches flat screen television etc.
The kitchen comes fully equipped with dishes, glasses, silverware, pots & pans, kitchen tools, plus a fridge/freezer, gas stove, kettle, toaster, and a typical Italian espresso maker.
The name of the square and the quarter comes from the main church it hosts, the Basilica of Santa Croce, well known for the numerous graves or funeral monuments of important Italian historical characters placed within: you can visit the graves or monuments of Galileo Galilei, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Macchiavelli, Rossellini, Ugo Foscolo and many more.
The square on which the church overlooks is rectangular-shaped, perfect for hosting one of the most important events in Florence every year: the Calcio Storico Fiorentino. Here, the 4 neighborhoods of Florence challenge each other to win a Palio, an entire beef of Chianina (an Italian breed of cattle of central Italy from which the Bistecca alla Fiorentina has to be made of) and the honor of the win, of course!
All throughout the year, the square hosts several other fairs and festivals, from the Christmas market in December to the Chocolate fair in February.
During the day, the area is full of life – there are many leather shops around the square and nearby streets, with the Sant’Ambrogio market acting as a main draw for residents and tourists alike as it offers fresh local produce, meats, cheeses and more every morning. The streets around the market offer various places to eat a quick and budget-friendly lunch, with many pizzerias and restaurants on the nearby Via de’ Macci and Borgo La Croce.
From here you can walk easily and within 10 minutes to all the major landmarks of Florence. Car is not needed in the centre.
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ PAYING ATTENTION
-TOURIST CITY TAX: Euro 3 per person per night (maximum 7 nights), Children under 12 free of charge to be paid in cash upon arrival
-The lead guest must be over 21 years old and will be required to sign an occupation agreement upon arrival. That is for insurance, fiscal and legal purposes. All guests are required to show a valid identity card upon check-in, if not, they will not be allowed to enter (due to Italian Police regulations).
- Smoking is not allowed
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- Strictly no partying or loud noises. Please do not make too much noise when entering and leaving the flat in the evening and after 11 pm, as to respect our neighbours.
- No outsiders allowed in the apartment without our approval, in order not to contravene the police regulations.
- The final cleaning fee is intended as flat general cleaning. Keep the place reasonably clean and tidy and leave the kitchen cleaned (no dirty dishes and garbage left over). If not, please note that additional costs will be charged.
- Please note that it is expected that 2 people share a double bed. Please contact us if you have different sleeping requirements.
- The septic system is very effective, however it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper in the toilet. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If that happened and clog the septic system damages will be charged.
- Lost keys or getting locked out: Euro 100 per key set for replacement.
Check-in time is 2PM - 7PM.
***As we don't have a front desk please let us know a precise arrival time at least 24h before check in date.
***Any late check in must be requested and approved 24h before arrival.
***Guests must be aged 21 or over, or accompanied by a responsible adult.
Early and Late Check-In has an extra cost:
From 12 noon to 2pm: €10 ( €15 on weekends)
From 7pm to 8pm: €25
From 8pm to 10pm: €35
From 10pm to MIDNIGHT: €45
No check-in after MIDNIGHT, except for agreement made previously.
The flat is inside the Limited Traffic Zone (ZTL). Ask me all the info you need about parkings!